Online Dangerous Goods by Air course designed to meet the training requirements of-
- Staff of freight forwarders involved in processing cargo other than dangerous goods.
- Staff of freight forwarders involved in the handling, storage, and loading of cargo and baggage.
- Operator’s and ground handling agent’s staff accepting cargo other than dangerous goods.
- Operator’s and ground handling agent’s staff responsible for the handling, storage, and loading of cargo and baggage.
These are staff categories 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 and 14, as defined in the ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air for staff training required in law, and staff of Designated Postal Operators in categories b and c, (see table ‘C’) in ‘Legislation’.
This training has been designed to meet the dangerous goods training requirements of EASA-OPS for aircraft operator personnel.
The course takes approximately one hour from log in to printing a certificate. It provides the mandatory overview of the subject so that properly packed and documented dangerous goods consignments can be identified, and to help identify consignments that may be out of place or not properly declared. At the end of the course, there is a multiple choice test which has to be taken in order to receive your certificate. The test is ‘open book’, i.e. you can refer back to the training modules during the test. The certificate is valid for 2 years in accordance with ICAO/IATA regulations and must be revalidated before the expiry date if the staff member requires a certificate beyond the expiry date.
|Module 2||General Philosophy|
|Module 3||Limitations and Recognition of Undeclared Dangerous Goods|
|Module 4||Provisions for Passengers and Crew|
|Module 6||Labelling, Marking, Documentation, NOTOC.|
|Module 7||Storage, Loading, and Emergency Procedures|
|Module 8||The transport process|
- The course is generic and further training may be required to meet specific employer and local requirements.
- The following categories of staff must be given more detailed formal training. This is normally by means of a three day classroom based course.
|ICAO Category 1||Shippers and persons undertaking the responsibilities of shippers, including operator’s staff acting as shippers, operator’s staff preparing dangerous goods as Company Materials (COMAT)|
|ICAO Category 2||Packers|
|ICAO Category 3||Staff of freight forwarders involved in processing dangerous goods|
|ICAO Category 6||Operator’s and ground handling agent’s staff accepting dangerous goods|